Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Red Hats, Northwestern, Windycon and more...

Well, the season is picking up! I just worked a wonderful program at Northwestern University's Allison Hall, for the students there, doing my hypnosis show - lots of great volunteers and some memorable moments as well. It looks like I will be doing my FIFTEENTH YEAR at Dance Marathon, the longest running collegiate charity event in the nation, too!

I also have the honor of doing a special event for the Red Hat Ladies this month. I can hardly wait for that! They are a force to be reckoned with, from everything I have read.

November 11 - 13, I will be appearing at Windycon, the Chicago-area Science Fiction convention, doing BOTH my Magic Cabaret act on Saturday afternoon AND my Stage Hypnosis Show on Sunday. The Special Guests of Honor for this event are Erin Grey and Gil Gerard, the stars of TV's Buck Rogers! With luck, they will attend one, or both of the shows! I understand that Ms. Grey is very interested in hypnosis, so...!

I will also be a panelist on several panels, so come on down! More information is available at www.windycon.org.

NEWS FLASH - if you haven't seen SERENITY, the movie based on the tv series Firefly - go see it! This is science fiction with a decided kick to it! Created by Joss Whedon, who also was the creator of Buffy, The Vampire slayer on tv, the movie is fast, fun, has a solid story, interesting characters, good acting and some really snappy dialogue. best of all, you can follow it even without having seen the series! (but pick up the series on DVD anyway - it's well worth it)